Winsted Work Injuries Attorney

If you suffer an injury at work in Connecticut, you may be entitled to financial recovery through one or more outlets. The most common solution is to file a workers’ compensation claim for no-fault benefits. You may be able to recover greater compensation, however, with a personal injury lawsuit. At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we can carefully review all of your legal options and select the best way forward for you. We are passionate about protecting the rights of injured workers in Winsted.

Protecting Victims of Various Work Injuries in Winsted

Connecticut is home to many dangerous industries and work environments. While some jobs are inherently more dangerous than others, all employers have a responsibility to maintain safe premises and reasonably prevent employee injuries. If they fail in either regard, accidents and injuries can occur. Every year, workers in Winsted are sent to hospitals with the following types of injuries:

  • Broken bones
  • Soft-tissue and muscle damage
  • Back injuries
  • Herniated disks
  • Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
  • Electrocutions
  • Severe burns
  • Traumatic brain injuries
  • Amputations

Attorney James A. Welcome has been a passionate advocate for injured workers throughout Connecticut for many years. His work has led him to be designated by SuperLawyers as a top-rated lawyer for seven consecutive years. James and his team will strive to achieve maximum effectiveness for your work injury case through dedication, integrity and expertise.

How to Obtain Compensation for Work Injuries in Connecticut

Connecticut’s workers’ compensation system permits you to recover financial benefits for your medical bills, partial lost wages, disability or a loved one’s death. You can be accepted for workers’ comp even without proof of fault in connection to your injuries. You may be able to recover greater compensation, however, through a lawsuit against your employer. Employers are often responsible for worker injuries and deaths through acts of negligence, or a lack of proper care.

If you believe your employer caused or contributed to your injury, contact an attorney before accepting a workers’ comp settlement. Once you accept workers’ comp, you cannot sue your employer. You may be able to recover through both types of cases, however, if your injuries were caused by someone other than your employer, such as the manufacturer of a defective product. Pursuing compensation through both outlets can hold wrongdoers accountable and maximize your financial recovery for an occupational injury or illness.

How Long Do You Have to File a Work Injuries Claim in Connecticut?

It is critical to take legal action as soon as possible after being diagnosed with a work injury or illness in Connecticut. No matter what type of claim you plan on filing, you will have to contend with a filing deadline. This deadline will vary according to case type:

  • Workers’ compensation claim: 1 year from the date of injury.
  • Workers’ comp with delayed injuries/illness: 3 years from the first signs or symptoms.
  • Work injury lawsuit: 2 years.
  • Catastrophic work injury lawsuit: 1 year.
  • Fatal work accident claim: 2 years from the date of death.

With only some exceptions, the courts in Connecticut will refuse to hear cases that are brought after the statute of limitations (legal deadline) has passed. Contact an attorney about your work injury case without delay to avoid missing your time limit.

Trust Our Work Injury Attorneys With Your Case | Request a Free Consultation in Winsted Today

At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we entreat employees in Winsted to contact us if they wish to recover fair, just and reasonable compensation for their work injuries. We can prevent you from being taken advantage of by your employer or an insurance company during the recovery process. Discuss all of the ways in which our attorneys can help you and your family during this difficult time. Call (203) 753-7300 or briefly describe your case in an online message and we will get back to you for a free consultation as soon as possible.