Torrington Personal Injury Attorney
A traumatic accident can turn your life upside down, causing serious injuries, expensive medical bills and property damage. At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we know how to take care of accident victims. We can connect you to excellent doctors in the area, explain your legal rights and go up against a wrongdoer on your behalf. We can help you put your life back together with quality legal representation and a team of attorneys who will fight for your rights.
Why Choose the Law Office of James A. Welcome?
- We have secured millions of dollars in legal settlements on behalf of our personal injury clients.
- Each case is supported by a diverse team of attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants.
- Thousands of loyal clients have entrusted our law firm with their personal injury matters.
- Attorney James A. Welcome has decades of legal experience specifically in personal injury law.
- We provide personal and experienced representation on an affordable basis.
Do I Have a Case?
The purpose of a personal injury case is to compensate an injured accident victim (plaintiff) for the losses incurred by the wrongful acts of another person. It is meant to make a victim whole again by holding the at-fault party (defendant) financially responsible, or liable. You don’t have grounds for a personal injury claim after just any accident or injury, however. In general, there must be proof of negligence. Negligence consists of four elements:
- A duty or obligation to reasonably prevent injury to the plaintiff.
- A breach, or violation, of the duty of care – an act or omission that is careless or wanton.
- A causal link between the breach of duty and the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Compensable losses, or damages, suffered by the plaintiff because of the incident.
You or your attorney will need to provide evidence that supports these four elements for a successful personal injury case. You may also be able to base your claim on a different legal doctrine, such as strict liability or breach of warranty. Tell your story to one of our attorneys to find out if you have a case.
Do I Need an Attorney?
Hiring an attorney to represent you can have a positive impact not only on your personal injury claim but your life as a whole. An attorney has experience helping accident victims rebuild their lives and move forward. You can trust your lawyer to have the knowledge, advice and resources to give you what you need to heal and recover. While you concentrate on getting well, your lawyer will take care of complicated legal tasks, such as accident investigation, the collection of documents and evidence, claims filing, and settlement negotiations with an insurance company.
What Types of Compensation Are Available?
Bringing a personal injury cause of action in Torrington can benefit your family in many ways. It can provide closure and justice by holding a wrongdoer accountable for his or her actions. It can also result in the financial compensation that you need to pay off related bills and debts to plan your future without financial stress. A successful personal injury case in Connecticut could result in compensation for the following:
- Doctor’s office visits
- Hospital and emergency room bills
- Prescription drugs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and future lost earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety, depression or PTSD
- Punitive damages
The compensation available for your personal injury claim could cover both economic and non-economic damages. In addition, if someone you loved passed away in a preventable accident, you could qualify for wrongful death damages, including funeral and burial expenses, lost income or inheritance, medical costs, and the loss of the person’s love, support and guidance.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Torrington Today | Free Case Evaluations
At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, our attorneys will do what it takes to get the best possible case results on your behalf. Discuss how we can help you and your family get through this difficult time. Request a free consultation with one of our Torrington personal injury lawyers today. Call (203) 753-7300 or contact us online for a free case review.