Winsted Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer
Help is available at the Law Offices of James A. Welcome if you have suffered a catastrophic injury in any type of accident or incident in Winsted, Connecticut. We are compassionate and dedicated personal injury attorneys who understand the toll that serious injuries take on victims and families. Our staff is here to assist you with everything that you need to put your life back together, including top doctors, injury and medical experts, and aggressive legal tactics to demand maximum financial compensation for your expenses. You don’t have to deal with a catastrophic injury case on your own.
Why We’re the Right Choice for You
- Our law firm values trust, integrity and competency. We will do whatever it takes to achieve optimal results for your case while making sure that you have what you need to move forward.
- Thousands of clients have entrusted our law firm with their most complicated claims. We have years of experience specifically handling catastrophic injury cases in Connecticut.
- We use a team approach on all catastrophic injury cases. Our dedicated group of legal assistants, paralegals and attorneys bring together a variety of skills and experience to strengthen your case.
What Injuries Are Classified as Catastrophic?
In personal injury law, a catastrophic injury is one that significantly and/or permanently impacts the victim. It may impede a bodily function, such as the ability to walk, think, communicate, eat or live independently. It might have long-term or lifelong effects on a victim, resulting in the need to pay for ongoing medical care, such as rehabilitative therapies and medical devices. Examples of catastrophic injuries are:
- Bone fractures
- Crushed limbs
- Internal injuries or organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis (loss of function and/or feeling)
- Brain injuries or brain damage
- Lost limbs or amputations
- Severe burn injuries
- Scarring or disfigurement
- The loss of a bodily function
- Many types of birth injuries
- The death of a fetus
- Wrongful death
At the Law Offices of James A. Welcome, we have experience advocating for victims who have been diagnosed with many types of catastrophic injuries. We also represent surviving family members in Winsted wrongful death claims. We know what our clients need and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve the best possible case outcomes when results matter the most.
How to Maximize Your Settlement for a Catastrophic Injury in Connecticut
Although no dollar amount will ever suffice to pay for a life-altering injury, achieving a fair and full settlement from an insurance company can be integral to your future. It can allow your family to pay for necessary medical care without financial stress. The following tips can help you maximize the financial outcome of your catastrophic injury claim in Connecticut:
- Report a serious accident or injury to the police right away.
- Follow your doctor’s orders and treatment plan exactly.
- Maintain an injury journal where you document your personal experience.
- Take photographs of your injuries as they heal.
- Document everything, including copies of accident reports and medical records.
- File an insurance claim without delay.
- Don’t make the mistake of trusting an insurance company or claims adjuster.
- Don’t rush into a fast settlement or accept the first offer.
- Learn the true value of your case by talking to an attorney.
The best thing you can do for your injury case is to hire a lawyer to represent you early on, before you begin settlement negotiations with an insurance company. Your lawyer will know how to effectively deal with insurance claims adjusters to optimize your case outcome.
Have Your Accident Injuries Been Deemed Catastrophic? We Can Help
You’ve been through enough as an accident victim or surviving loved one. Let the Winsted catastrophic injury lawyers at the Law Offices of James A. Welcome take over the claims process for you. You can trust us to fight for your best interest, as your goals will become our goals. Discuss your case with one of our personal injury lawyers today. Call (203) 753-7300 or contact us online to request a free case evaluation.