Connecticut Employment-Based Immigration Attorney
Conveniently-Located Offices in Connecticut
Many immigrants seek to come to the United States based on their job skills. In many cases, this becomes their opportunity to live in the U.S. permanently. If you are seeking to immigrate through the use of an employment-based immigrant visa, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our trusted firm. Call (203) 753-7300 to speak with an experienced Connecticut employment-based immigration lawyer.
In most cases, it is preferred that you have an existing job offer from a United States employer. Typically, Your employer will have to apply for a labor certification from the Department of Labor (DOL) and undergo a process that ensures this job will not necessarily be taken from a qualified and willing U.S. worker.
Employment-Based Immigrants Preference System
Because there is a limited number of employment visas that are available each year for immigrants, a preference system has been set up to streamline the process:
- EB-1 (First Preference): This is for individuals who exhibit extraordinary skill or ability in business, the sciences, education, athletics, arts, and other fields, or for those who are recognized as premier researchers or processors, or for executives and managers of international businesses.
- EB-2 (Second Preference): This is for individuals who have advanced degrees and/or exceptional skill in the sciences, arts, or business.
- EB-3 (Third Preference): This is for skilled workers, general workers, and professionals.
- EB-4 (Fourth Preference): This is for “special immigrants”, or immigrants who were employees of U.S. Foreign Service posts, certain religious workers, former employees of international organizations, or alien minors.
- EB-5 (Fifth Preference): This is for investors who invest anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million (depending on location) into a new business that will employ a minimum of 10 U.S. workers in a full-time capacity.
Contact the Law Offices of James A. Welcome to Learn More
The Law Offices of James A. Welcome can help ensure that all paperwork is completed properly and filed on time. We can also help you determine what is the best option for your situation and work for the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
Se habla español.